August 26, 2007

A Season Saving Win


Today was one of those games that can easily change the course of the rest of the season. A loss to KC would have meant dropping 2 of 3 to the Royals and heading back to face the Twins up only 1.5 on Detroit and 4.5 on Minnesota. Instead, Grady Sizemore saves the day, hitting an outside pitch with two strikes and two outs and then Asdrubal Cabrera comes through to tie the game. As an aside, does anyone think J-Barf will ever get his starting job back?

Finally, in the 11th, the bats come alive with 2 outs as Pronk and V-Mart finish the job driving in two. One of the most surprising things was Borowski actually having a 1-2-3 save! I still think he will end up being the downfall of the Tribe this year, but it was nice to see him come through.

It feels like the playoffs have already begun. Every game is huge. I was frustrated after they wasted yet another gem of CC's on Friday and pumped after the bats came alive Saturday. Today, when I got home and saw the score in the 8th I was mad yet again at the bats, but I had the need to stick it out through the game. I'm glad I did.

No comments: